Week 3: Mood Board: LNH Designs

The idea for my product was beanies with handmade logos/ designs. I had noticed that there were an awful lot of students at the university that wore beanies and seeing as Canberra is so cold I figured it could be seen as an essential product. I personally prefer black beanies with hand stitched and embroidered designs so I have decided to produce beanies with my own logo that would be sown on the front. I have designed a mock up logo that could potentially be used for the design. The logo would be printed or painted on some white fabric which would then be sown to the beanie. 

Beanies would be a relatively inexpensive product as they would require minimal materials and labor. Basic black beanies can be bought in bulk from sites like Amazon for only a couple of dollars each. Fabric is also relatively cheap and can be bought from sites like eBay or from art stores. I am yet to investigate the cost of actually printing/ painting the logo onto the fabric and will leave this until I have finalized the design. A simple option could be to have a large piece of fabric have several logos screen printed on it which would then be cut to size. A cheaper option could be to use special printing fabric and doing the printing at home.